These filling muffins make an ideal breakfast and are a great way to use up over-ripe bananas. They are best eaten on the same day but also freeze very well.
Servings and Time
- Makes: 12 muffins
- Prep Time: 15 – 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- ¾ cup self-rising whole meal flour (substitute white flour, if necessary)
- ¾ cup self-rising white flour
- 2 tablespoons soft light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 large very ripe bananas, peeled
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seed oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Step 2 – Line a muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Step 3 – Mix the flours, sugar and walnuts in a large bowl. Place the bananas in a separate bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher until fairly smooth. Combine the sunflower oil, eggs, milk and honey in a separate bowl then stir into the mashed banana.
- Step 4 -Add the wet ingredients all at once to the dry ingredients and mix briefly until combined.
- Step 5 – Pour the mixture into the muffin cases and bake in the center of the oven for 20 minutes or until risen and golden. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition per Serving
- 0.27g Sodium
- 8.1g Fat
- 1.0 g Saturated Fat
- 11.8g Sugar
- 208 Calories