Breakfast cereal is well known for its high salt content. This delicious, crunchy homemade hazelnut mueslix is a filling, healthy and low salt start to the day. This recipe makes 7 servings and will get you through the whole week.
Servings and Time
- Makes: 7 servings
- Prep Time: 10 – 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 – 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups rolled or steel-cut raw oatmeal
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup flaked almonds
- ¼ cup Brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup currants
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup dried apricots, chopped
- ¼ cup dried dates, chopped
- Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Step 2 – Spread the raw oats and nuts out evenly on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 8-10 minutes, keep an eye on them so they don’t burn. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Step 3 – To make the mueslix simply mix the toasted ingredients with the fruit and store in an airtight container.
Nutrition per Serving
- 0.03g Sodium
- 17.5g Fat
- 2.6 g Saturated Fat
- 18.7g Sugar
- 389 Calories